Out of the corner of my eye I see several storage containers, baskets of stationary, and other random items I pulled from my office closet.
My gut pulls at me to toss it all into the closet and ignore it!
But I won’t because I’ve learned controlled chaos is an illusion. It’s the mess present behind the closed closet door.
Closing the door only hides the mess. Disorder is waiting to be revealed.
My closet is empty.
Do you Avoid the Mess?
Can you handle addressing your mess? If you allow yourself to fall apart, do you have faith in yourself to put it all back together?
I do. I believe, without doubt, I am capable of creating order in my life. I design and redesign until it feels right.
Pulling apart a closet used to feel daunting, maybe even terrifying. I feared falling apart.
I lacked the self-confidence to own my mess. I avoided responsibility for the clutter, shopped to fill a void, and stuffed drawers and closets to hide my mess.
I closed off my chaos. But chaos was still there. She overflowed into my mind.
For years, she showed up in my head with messages of “not good enough” and I felt deep shame for being disorganized.
Now, I dwell in possibility and I nourish my mind.
Mindset Tools for Tackling Mess
- Employ a growth mindset. Embrace becoming a lifelong learning.
- Regularly declutter and purge what no longer serves you in your space AND your mind.
- Practice forgiveness work. Wholly forgive yourself for mistakes you have made.
- Nourish yourself with daily affirmations and gratitude.
- Enjoy high vibe content in books, podcasts, or articles everyday.
- Commit to radical self-care!
- Envision your perfect life and believe it is here now. You will draw people and experiences to you to fulfill your vision.
A New Mindset
The mess in my office? It won’t last. I’m installing a new framework and storage system in my office closet. Once I’m done, it’ll be more organized than before.
I will feel, and be fueled by, the accomplishment.
The chaos is not me. The chaos is a symptom.
I am the cure. I shift my mindset and well-being is mine.
Tell me how you have tamed chaos in your life. Come join the conversation here.